5.26.2011

Wild mushroom and basil pasta


I have one plant that is growing, and that is my basil!! Yay for basil. So I'm looking for any basil recipes. And since I always need pasta recipes, I was excited to try this one. I loved the addition of soy to this one. It was very tasty for dinner, and tasty the next day when I ate left overs cold for lunch. I found the recipe at food.com.

Directions:



  1. 1 For sauce, heat heavy skillet.
  2. 2 Saute garlic cloves in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until coated and beginning to brown (about 1 minute).
  3. 3 Add mushrooms and sautee until juices begin to emerge.
  4. 4 Add wine or sherry (more or less depending on how juicy you want it to be) and soy sauce.
  5. 5 Coat mushrooms and cook for another minute or so.
  6. 6 Add basil and cook until leaves are slightly wilted.
  7. 7 Remove garlic cloves.
  8. 8 Add salt and pepper to taste.
  9. 9 Toss cooked noodles with a little bit of olive oil (the amount depends on how juicy your mushroom mix is).
  10. 10 Transfer to plates and top with mushrooms and grated parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment