10.06.2009

salsa chicken

I found this recipe in a barbeque cookbook. You're supposed to take the individual servings, put them in foil packets and cook them over the grill. I found even that too complicated. I just dump everything into one 9 x 13 pan and cook it in the oven. This might be the easiest recipe ever. And we love the way it tastes. bonus.

Ingredients:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1/2 breast per person)
1 1/2 C of corn (1/4 C per person)
1 1/2 C black beans drained (1/4 C per person)
1 1/2 C salsa (1/4 C per person)
shredded cheese

Directions:

Dump corn, black beans, and salsa in pan. I just use my kitchen scissors and cut chunks or strips of chicken into the pan. I cut them kind of small so I don't have to cut them for the kids later. I cover it with foil, and am not sure on the temp or heat, but would guess 375 for 30-40 min. Just check to make sure the chicken is done. We put shredded cheese on the dish while it is warm and spoon it over rice or into tortillas. Or sometimes I just top it with tortillas chips. You can add more corn and beans then what I suggested if you want the meal to go further.

*I haven't actually tried this, but it seems like it would work with canned chicken and would therefore make a good food storage meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment