One of my VERY favorite side dishes or healthy lunch.
Ingredients:
1 1/2c quinoa
1 1/2c cooked black beans, rinsed if canned
1 1/2 T red-wine vinegar
1 1/2c cooked corn (1 can)
3/4c finely chopped red, green, or yellow bell pepper
Dressing:
5 T fresh lime juice
1 t salt
1 1/4 t ground cumin
1/3c olive oil
Cook quinoa as package describes (cooks like rice) OR you can boil some water, put the quinoa in it and let it boil for 10 mintues. Then I drain it in a sieve and let it sit in the sieve while I place it over a pot of boiling water with a towel over it for another 10 minutes. This makes the quinoa fluffy!
In a small bowl mix black beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer quinoa to another large bowl and mix with corn, beans and peppers.
Mix/whip all ingredients for the dressing together and drizzle over salad. Serve chilled.
I personally like this dish the following day best!
Thank you for introducing me to Quinoa Rebecca. This recipe is so good!!
ReplyDelete