5.06.2010

Bow Tie Spinach Salad

I was cleaning out my recipe box and found this. This is one of the first things I officially learned to make. My dear friend Aleis gave it to me after I had John and decided since I was home more, I needed to be the one who made dinner. She was sweet and helped domesticate me!! The original recipe makes a lot a lot of food. To feed my family, I half it and it's still way too much.

Directions:
Cook 6 oz Bow tie pasta. Marinate in dressing for 2 hrs.

Dressing:
1 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbs sugar
2/3 C white wine vinegar
2/3 C teriyaki sauce
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix all the following ingredients and refrigerate:
6-8 chicken breasts cooked and cut up
3 small cans mandarian oranges (drained)
1 or 2 cans water chestnuts (drained)
1/2 c finely chopped fresh parsley
1 bunch of green onions chopped
1/2 to 3/4 C honey roasted peanuts
When ready to serve, combine chicken ingredients and pasta with one bag already washed and cut spinach.


1 comment:

  1. Yum. We had it for dinner tonight and I'll be making it again soon.

    ReplyDelete