5.02.2011

Fun with Squeeze Bottles

Meet my new best friends:
IMG_9957
Have you tried these yet?? I began to search for them after seeing people make cookies like the ones you can find here and pancakes like the ones you can find here. I heard they were at Walmart, but am yet to find squeeze bottles there. Finally I broke down and just went to Michaels. The bottles were about $3 for a set of two and they are located by the candy making supplies. Best $6 I've spent in a long time.

Here were our first attempts at pancakes (good instructions for making these are here)
IMG_9914IMG_9913IMG_9912

and here are my kid's first attempts (even though i like this smooth side better, I liked the colors on the unsmooth side shown in my pics better).
IMG_9906
These were just our first try, so think how cool these will be once we've had some practice. And if I had a real pancake griddle (tell bry if you see him-mother's day is coming up!!)

As for the cookies, I think they came out fun. I don't think we mastered the art of the consistency, but with a little practice, I'm sure we will get it down. (Instructions for frosting the cookies here).

The first night they look shiny and runny:
IMG_9371

This is how they look when they dry:
IMG_9477

IMG_9736
not perfect, but we are going to have a lot of fun trying to perfect this art;)

No comments:

Post a Comment