11.17.2009

Funeral Potatoes

So honestly, traditional Thanksgiving dishes are not my favorite. I'll just come right out and say, I don't like mashed potatoes. But the following are three dishes that I have to have on Thanksgiving. They're probably not very Thanksgivingy to most people, but they are to me:)

This is one of the few potato dishes I like. This is a dish probably most of you have, but if you don't have it-try it. This recipe is always requested when I bring it somewhere and it's so easy to make.

Ingredients
1/2 C butter or margarine
1 lb pkg frozen cubed hash browned potatoes
1/2 C minced onion
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
2 C sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C crumbs (bread or corn flake)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt margarine or butter. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except crumbs. Spread mixture evenly in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle crumbs on top, cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr. Remove foil last 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I made these last night, but didn't use the bread crumbs, and used cream of chicken, it was yummy!!! Next time though I will nix the onions

    ReplyDelete