Melissa's waffle entry reminded me of how much we love this recipe from cuisinenie!!

Ingredients:
- whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tbl olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- small red onion cut into thick slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large zucchini cut lengthwise into sticks
- 2 plum tomatoes cut lenghtwise into strips
- 3/4 c parmesan cheese
Directions:
Boil noodles in salted water. Sauté 3 garlic cloves in 2 tbl of olive oil for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and 1/2 C water. Let sit on med. for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, onions and 1 tbl of oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese.
My kids love this. And if I don't have zucchini, we like it with mushrooms and frozen peas. We'll basically eat any vegetable mixed with olive oil and pasta.
LOVE this one.
ReplyDeleteThis was the most delicious pasta I have had! It was so fresh. I accidentally got whole grain pasta instead of whole wheat but I think I am sold. There is definitely a difference.....just delicious!!
ReplyDelete