After Christmas I had a carton of whipping cream left from making caramels and had a few slices of bacon left over from a salad recipe. So, I was thinking of a yummy creamy tomatoey pasta dish I've had a resturaunts before.
I found this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Farfalle-Special/Detail.aspx but pretty much changed more than I kept the same. Here's what I had and I LOVED it. Not good for dieting, however.
Creamy Tomato and Peas Pasta
bacon slices chopped up (obviously omit for meat less)
1/2 onion chopped up
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup spaghetti sauce (I keep lots of Hunt's pasta sauce in my food storage)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmasean
1/4 cup of crumbled sharp cheddar (this amazing cheese we were given in a gift basket, YUM)
1 cup frozen peas, cooked (I would totally mix these into the sauce if I didn't have a couple of purists in my fam)
1 box of mini penne pasta
I cooked the pasta. I cooked the bacon and onion in a pan, drained it off, and then added the cream and salt and pepper. Then I added to pasta sauce, and slowly added the cheeses stiring until it was smooth. I microwaved the peas, and put a heaping helping in the bottom of my bowl before I added my pasta. Then topped it with the sauce.
I could eat it everyday. EVERY DAY!
Kammy
I found this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Farfalle-Special/Detail.aspx but pretty much changed more than I kept the same. Here's what I had and I LOVED it. Not good for dieting, however.
Creamy Tomato and Peas Pasta
bacon slices chopped up (obviously omit for meat less)
1/2 onion chopped up
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup spaghetti sauce (I keep lots of Hunt's pasta sauce in my food storage)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmasean
1/4 cup of crumbled sharp cheddar (this amazing cheese we were given in a gift basket, YUM)
1 cup frozen peas, cooked (I would totally mix these into the sauce if I didn't have a couple of purists in my fam)
1 box of mini penne pasta
I cooked the pasta. I cooked the bacon and onion in a pan, drained it off, and then added the cream and salt and pepper. Then I added to pasta sauce, and slowly added the cheeses stiring until it was smooth. I microwaved the peas, and put a heaping helping in the bottom of my bowl before I added my pasta. Then topped it with the sauce.
I could eat it everyday. EVERY DAY!
Kammy
No comments:
Post a Comment