2Tbsp yeast and 1/2 cup warm water. ( I just use the little packet)
1 tsp sugar
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cups mashed ptoatoes
7-8 cups flour
Add milk and butter in saucepan. Scald. add sugar, salt and potatoes. mix up well.
Meanwhile, in a separate small bowl mix yeast, water and sugar. Let sit until it grows. :) (I don’t know how big it’s supposed to get. Those of you who make bread all the time may know how to tell when it’s done. I just let it rise until it’s overflowing the bowl I use)
I transfer the saucepan contents to my kitchen aid. I mix it up for a few seconds to break up any potato chunks. Add one 1 cup flour. mix. You can add the eggs while you are adding flour. You don’t want it to be too hot when you add the eggs. (I usually end up adding 2 cups of flour and then it is cooled enough to add eggs.) Add yeast. Add the rest of the flour. it should be the right consistency somewhere between 7 and 8 cups of flour.
Let rise in a bowl for about 1 hour or until double in size.
knead. Rolls out and add butter and cinnamon sugar. Cut and let rise again on the baking pan until double in size again. Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.
Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting while still warm. (i'd give you my recipe but then I'd have to kill you.) just kidding. It's just a regular recipe I just use more butter in mine because butter is yummy. Whip it for a long time and use the best vanilla you can afford.
-Jen Funk
No comments:
Post a Comment