5.26.2011

Fancy Nancy Salad Cups


Sophie attended a "Fancy Nancy" party with her girls scout troop (and yes, it was the cutest thing ever!!). So we had to make something fancy for her to bring. I went to Gourmet Mom-on-the-go knowing she'd having something cute, and I was not dissapointed. You just take pizza dough (I had some premade on hand) cut it into rectagles, and stuff them into the bottom of a muffin pan. The cooked at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. The shape doesn't have to be exact, but I do wish I had thinned out the dough more. After we pulled out the cooked cups, we had to stab them with the end of the rolling pin to decrease the puffiness. (Does that even make sense??)

We stuffed our cups with salad materials we had on hand: romaine lettuce, apples, walnuts, and Italian dressing. I'm not sure that the girl scouts loved the salad (they had a lot of cupcakes to fill up on) but my kiddos loved eating their salad out of cups, and the cups themselves were tasty. Go to Gourmet Mom if you are interested; her sald cups are way cuter and she has a yummy salad recipe posted with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment