4.11.2011

Week of Recipes 1

This really cool girl I know had an idea to ask people for a weekly menu complete with recipes and a shopping list. She's is going to combine all the lists and hand them back to everyone. I'm so excited and can't wait to see the other lists.

I just go done with my list and thought I would post it here. I used recipes from this website so I will just link back to them. If anyone else wanted to do the same, I would love to add their shopping list and recipes here. Even if one night is left overs, and another pb & j. Just having it all written out, what is needed for the week, would be fabulous. I hate compiling shopping lists. With all that I am, I hate it!!!!!!

So here's my list. I tried to keep it cheap, easy, and realistic to what we would eat. Most of these recipes work for my family of 6. I made a note when I needed to double or triple the recipe as it is listed.


Sunday. . . . . . . .Chicken Tacos (double this to use chicken for Monday's soup)

Monday. . . . . . . Crockpot Tortilla Soup

Tuesday. . . . . . .Easy Breakfast Bake w/ fruit salad

Wednesday. . . .Zucchini Pasta w/ french bread

Thursday. . . . . . Red Beans and Rice w/ cornbread

Friday. . . . . . . . . Pizza Bites w/ salad (I double this)

Saturday. . . . . . .Grilled Soy Pork w/rice & grilled vegetables (I triple this)


Grocery List


Produce
1 small red onion
2 white onion
9 garlic cloves
1 lrg zucchini
2 tbl cilantro
Lettuce (for tacos, & fri salad)
Tomatoes (tacos, soup, salad)
Green onions (taco/soup)
Avocados (if wanted for tacos/soup)
fruit for fruit salad
any other items for fri salad
vegetables to grill w/pork

Meat
6 chicken breasts
6 boneless center-cut pork loin chops

Baking
Pepper
Cumin
Chili Powder
Salt
1 pckg Taco Seasoning
1 tsp Creole/Cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper
1 pckg Italian seasoning
paprika
Olive Oil
Cornmeal or corn bread mix
Salad Dressing(I like ranch with my chicken taco salad, and then dressing for fri. salad)

Canned foods/soup/beans
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can pinto beans
3 15 oz can kidney beans
2 15 oz can chicken broth
1 15 oz can corn

Pasta/International

1 14oz can green chile enchilada sauce
4 4oz cans diced chiles
Salsa (enough for tacos)
Taco shells or tortillas (enough for tacos)
1 pckg whole wheat spaghetti
marinara or pizza sauce
soy sauce
white or brown rice (whatever your family prefers)

Snack foods

Tortilla chips (enough for soup and chicken tacos if eating salad)

Dairy

2 8 oz pckg Shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz pckg shredded mozzerella
1 1/2 C parmesan cheese
Sour cream (enough for tacos and soup)
1 pckg crescent roll dough
2 pckg pizza dough
Dozen Eggs
milk

Deli
1 pckg pre-cooked bacon
1 lb fully cooked smoked sausage (such as hot links or Kielbasa)
1 pckg little pepperonis

Bread
1 loaf of French bread

ok, so if you are up for it, I really want your weekly menu and grocery list. please;)

2 comments:

  1. OK. You are awesome. I'm going to try to write out my list next week. This is awesome. Making the shopping list is one of my least favorite things to do EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no my friend is awesome. i can't wait till she puts together the lists, i hope i can add them here. and now i fully expect you to write out your list;)

    ReplyDelete